Top 10 Reasons We Love Priyanka Chopra
1. She refuses to adhere to the oriental, exotic image of the East. Everything from the roles she plays to her fashion choices are a nod to the modern woman.
2. Her numerous accolades and awards, including the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award by the Government of India, are proof of her undeniable talent.
3. She is making India proud with her roles in Quantico, Baywatch and her appearances at international red carpets!
4. She is more than just a pretty face. She may have been Miss World 2000, but since then, she has used her fame to do good. She was appointed as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights in 2010.
5. She is the quintessential artist. Supermodel, singer and actor, she takes her talent seriously. She was even the voice of Ishani in Disney’s animated film, Planes!
6. She made it big in the Indian cinema industry through sheer grit and determination. There was no ‘god-father’ that had her back.
7. Her fashion choices always turn heads. Whether she is strutting down the runway or gliding up the red carpet, she always looks picture perfect.
8. She broke barriers as the face of Guess. She defied the stereotypical, demure image of the Indian woman and showed the world how contemporary, strong and fearless all women are.
9. She is honest about her emotions. From telling the world about her heartache over losing her father to incidents that upset her, she wears her heart on her sleeve.
10. And even after all of this, she doesn’t believe she holds a candle to her mother. A woman who holds three degrees, is a practicing doctor, owns several businesses and can fly a plane!