2016 Met Gala, Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology Celebrity Makeup Artist, Mai Quynh
“Chloe’s glittering, silver Coach gown called for a glamorous makeup look with sultry eyes and an iridescent, glossy lip.”
• First, I applied Flawless Future Moisture Cream to hydrate the skin.
• I followed it with Flawless Start Instant Perfecting Primer to blur imperfections and create a smooth canvas.
• Using a damp sponge, I blended Flawless Finish Perfectly Nude Makeup in Vanilla Shell onto her skin for a natural finish. I set it with Ceramide Skin Smooth Loose Powder in Translucent.
• Next, I applied Ceramide Cream Blush in Pink to the apples of her cheeks and layered Beautiful Color Radiance Blush in Romantic Rose on top for intensity and long-wear stay.
• To define the brows I used Beautiful Color Brow Shaper and Eyeliner in Soft Blonde.
• On the lids, I applied Beautiful Color Eye Shadow in Shimmering Taupe from the lash line to crease. For an unexpected pop of color I swiped Beautiful Color Eye Shadow in Amethyst in the crease.
• For a soft, sultry look I smudged Beautiful Color Eye Shadow in Smolder on her top lash line and
Shimmering Taupe on her bottom lash line instead of liner.
• I finished by coating Grand Entrance Mascara in Stunning Black on the top and bottom lashes.
• To play off of the metallic detail on her dress, I applied Sunset Bronze Prismatic Lip Gloss in Moonlight Kiss for a sheer, iridescent finish.