From left to right:Abdo Chlala, Regional Head of IT and Mobile Division at Samsung MENA, Nez Gebreel, CEO of Dubai Design and Fashion Council, Ramzi Nakad, COO and co-founder of FFWD, Maitha Al Suwaidi, Director of Partner Relations, Dubai Design District (d3)
An Empowerment Program through Industry Collaboration, Enabled by Samsung
In collaboration with Samsung Electronics MENA, endorsed by the Dubai Design and Fashion Council (DDFC) and supported by Dubai Design District (d3), EPIC will deliver a calendar of regional and international events, workshops, sponsorship opportunities, influencer and scholarship programs. All have been made possible through synergetic collaboration with industry partners who strive to achieve similar objectives.
Founded upon FFWD’s aim to strengthen the regional ecosystem of emerging fashion talent, and supported by Samsung’s increasing commitment to delivering technologies that empower the fashion industry, EPIC aims to provide Fashion Forward designers and d3 creative partners, with an opportunity to cultivate their success throughout the year, in line with Dubai’s national mandate to become a hub of creativity for the region.
Until December 2016, EPIC will focus on five key initiatives with the aim of creating business and higher education opportunities, fostering partnerships, maximizing exposure and offering practical tools to participating designers. As a dedicated partner to EPIC, Samsung will be integrating its technologies into each initiative to leverage both the experience and success of the program.
1. Selected designers will be empowered with global exposure to audiences including media and buyers at FFWD’s showroom space in Paris during Paris Fashion Week from September 30th – October 5th. The designers will also associate with the region’s most influential people in fashion during Fashion Forward Dubai Season 8 from 24th – 25th October at d3.
2. The program will offer designers a number of exciting retail opportunities throughout the region. In collaboration with Galleries Lafayette, FFWD has created an opportunity for apparel and accessory designers. Between September 8th to October 23rd, selected designers will be part of an in-store pop-up, selling their latest Autumn/Winter collections to store visitors. Further retail opportunities will be announced soon.
3. FFWD designers & d3 creative partners will benefit from a prestigious university scholarship opportunity to attend a two-month Master Level course at Domus Academy in Milan. Apparel designers can apply for the scholarship as of August 23rd. The selected designer will be announced on October 20th 2016 during the opening day of Fashion Forward Dubai.
4. A series of workshops will equip designers in the region with invaluable knowledge delivered by industry professionals and stakeholders. Topics of conversation include:
Runway Looks – Optimizing the Catwalk Experience. Presented by senior make-up artists and hair experts from leading international beauty brands, in addition to authoritative voices from the regions styling and publishing industries. Designers will be invited to a series of presentations, followed by one-on-one sessions with experts to optimize their runway presentations with advanced styling concepts in preparation for Fashion Forward Season 8 and beyond.
Buying Behaviour and Trends – Leveraging your Sales Strategy. Designers are invited to hear and engage in conversation with e-commerce, buying and social commerce experts including leading trend forecasting agency, WSGN, on how to use technology to optimize and leverage sales, pricing and distribution strategies in today’s digital world. Guests will hear in-depth discussion on how to navigate current and new platforms and achieve commercial success.
Fashion Goes Social: Maximizing Digital Presence. With the help of industry leaders in the social media space, designers will learn how to develop their social media communication skills to maximize their visibility.
5. An Exposure opportunities program will facilitate partnerships between key influencers and designers. Key regional influencers will have the opportunity to work with emerging designers, while designers will make invaluable connections with the region’s social fashion movers. The cumulative fan base of the EPIC influencers, as of today, is upwards of 500,000 followers from across the region, amplifying the visibility of the designers via some of the industry’s most powerful tools for communication.
For further information on five key initiatives of the EPIC program, please click on the links below to download the press release and images. Also, here is the link for the press kit inlcuding the full EPIC presentation – https://we.tl/2aPehDMs01