With the holiday’s quickly approaching, it’s the perfect time to start planning those family greeting cards. We’ve put together a list of tips and tricks to help take photos using the most popular camera in the world and create your own personalized greeting cards.
With the below tips, you’re sure to bring your special moments to life this season with iPhone 7.
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Photography Tips
Use your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to try these creative holiday photo ideas:
• Use the time-lapse feature on your iPhone to capture the transformation of your home from start to finish when it’s time to start decorating for the holidays. Just set up your iPhone on a shelf or a tri-pod, launch the camera app and hit record in the time-lapse setting. The iPhone pretty much does all the work for you. Once you’re done filming you can edit in the iMovie app on iPhone to trim the clip and add in the music that you’d like.
• Capture the perfect shot the next time you take a Live Photo — landscapes with some movement and sound can bring even more to a calming beautiful still. Then you can share with friends via the Facebook app for iOS.
• Take the ultimate family selfie using the 7MP Front HD Camera with Retina Flash so you can take lovelier photos with more vibrant and true-to-life colors and more natural-looking skin tones.
• Opening gifts can come to life on a whole new level with slo-mo, record video to slow down life’s fastest moments
• Relive holidays past, beautifully presented with the new Memories feature in the Photos app. Within the Photos app, click on the Moments button on the bottom to rediscover cherished memories — like your holiday decoration — and sit back as the app automatically creates a beautiful movie out of your photos, including a soundtrack and transitions. You even have full control of editing after the memory has been created.
• If you’re trying a creative approach for taking stunning family photos, you can skip the hassle of booking a portrait photographer and use the new Portrait mode on iPhone 7 Plus to take your next family photo card this season. Portrait mode creates a bokeh-like depth-of-field effect to keep your subjects sharp while creating a beautifully blurred background.
• Tap and hold anywhere on the scene to lock the Auto Exposure and Auto Focus, then slide your finger up or down to nudge exposure up or down to get the perfect light in your shot.
• Search for specific objects, like Christmas trees in the Photos app
• Share family events or special events easily using iCloud Photo Sharing
• Show off your awesome travel adventures from the year with ease, see all your photos on a map in Photos > Albums > Places.